EGGYS AND CHEESE: RELOADEDTHE BEST EGGS OF YOUR LIFE.
Ok, so maybe you’re sitting there thinking, “what in God’s name is an “eggys and cheese,” and to that I say, get ready to have your socks blown off. And if you don’t like eggs, maybe this is the recipe that will change your mind.
A staple dish of my childhood which is as equally simple as it is delicious–even more so since we slapped some Sweet Viking™ Relish on there to raise the stakes.
Only 5 ingredients to reach utter bliss, who knew it was this easy?
1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese
1-2 tablespoons Sweet Viking™ Relish
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Put eggs, relish and water in a bowl and mix until completely combined.
2) In a pan set to just under medium heat, melt butter–once your butter is melted and the pan is nice and coated, pour the egg mixture in and let it cook a bit so the bottom side is starting to cook (slow is key here–trust me, a couple extra minutes is going to make these divine).
3) Once the pan is starting to look like the picture below, get a spatula out and start scrambling in the pan like so
4) Oh boy, oh boy. Once you get to this point, feel free to throw that cheese in.
*** Important to note: despite the word being in the title–cheese *is* totally optional (for my lactose intolerant friends)–this dish is truly delicious with or without getting cheesy. ***
5) I like to leave my eggs a little on the goopier end–so I like to pull them off at this point, but feel free to cook a bit longer if you want them firmer.
The power is in your hands, my friend.
Lastly, toast up a slice of bread, throw those scrambled eggys and cheese on top and you’re good to go! I added some extra relish on top because duh.