Mac n' CheeseTHE SECRET WEAPON.
Don’t get me wrong–there are times I absolute LOVE to make ridiculous dishes from scratch. When I have the time, that is. More often than not I do *not* have an extra 4 hours to spend clowning around in the kitchen making everything I can from scratch. Sometimes I barely have enough energy to turn the oven on–something I’m sure most of us can relate to (if you’re in the minority and can’t relate to being forever exhausted, then please email me your secrets please, as long as they’re legal).
This one comes straight down the pipeline from Mother Viking as one of her all time favorite hacks which has been Sweet Viking™-ified. I give this one an 11/10 because not only is it LITERALLY one of the easiest and low effort recipes of all time, it also tastes AMAZING. I had to give out the leftovers to my neighbors so I wouldn’t be tempted to take down 14,000 calories worth of Mac n’ Cheese.
- Family Sized Frozen Stouffers Mac n’ Cheese (or whatever your favorite frozen mac is–it’s soo much better in the oven than the microwave, so my main recommendation is to get something that can be done in the oven.)
- 1 roll of Ritz Crackers
- 4 Tbl butter
- 2-4 Tbl Sweet Viking™ Relish
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese (optional)
My directions will be based off of the Family Sized Stouffer Mac N’ Cheese–if you go with a different brand follow the instructions on the box and adjust accordingly.
- Preheat oven and place frozen mac in oven at 375 degrees for 65 minutes.
- Smash up your ritz crackers–either by hand, or by throwing it in a plastic baggy and get the pieces pretty finely smashed (but not total cracker dust, you want some chunkier bits).
- Melt your butter, add the cracker crumbs and 2-4 tablespoons of Sweet Viking™ Relish (2 if you want it milder, 4 if you want more heat)
- Pull your Mac N’ Cheese out of the oven at 65 minutes and pull off and dispose of the plastic layer.
- Evenly spread that lovely buttery, spicy crumbly delicious concoction to the top.
- Spread a layer of cheddar cheese on top if you’re into that #cheeselife.
- Crank the oven up to 400 and throw that cheesy goodness back in for about 12-15 minutes until the top layer is nicely browned and crisp.
- STUFF YOUR FACE.
Video portion has instructions for single serving Mac N’ Cheese in the microwave if, like me, you can’t be trusted with an entire family sized portion/don’t need to feed multiple people.